Speaking & Talks
- My Ops in Dev newsletter on opsindev.news learning eBPF, AI, Observability.
- Observability learning platform on o11y.love including eBPF
- Co-founder of the #EveryoneCanContribute cafe meetup group to learn Cloud-Native and DevSecOps, including social activities & making new friends.
Media & Interviews
See my blog.
GitLab blog posts
- 2022: "Log-Management platforms overview" - German article in heise iX 09/22
- 2021: "From First Code to Cloud Native Deployment: A Learning Journey"
- 2020: "97 Things Every Cloud Engineer Should Know" book - Article contributions. Released Jan 2021 by O'Reilly.
- 2019: Quo vadis, DevOps? GitLab CI und CD installieren und konfigurieren - article in heise iX 04/19
- 2018: Small Things Monitoring - article in heise iX 04/18
- 2014: Systemüberwachung mit Icinga 2 - article in heise iX open source special 2014
- 2022: State of Observability 2022 report by Splunk (German)
- 2022: Hacking Kubernetes book by Andrew Martin, Michael Hausenblas, O'Reilly for Heise.de
- 2018: Icinga 2 - Practical Monitoring (German) incl. a chapter contribution
- 2013: Nagios/Icinga cookbook (German)
Projects at GitLab
My daily work involves contributing to Open Source, creating helpful resources and explore new ways to learn together - everything documented in our handbook.
I was involved in the acquisition process as the community DRI (directly responsible individual) and am contributing to community activities and product features and use cases.
CI/CD Observability with OpenTelemetry is one of the focus areas in 2022.
Docker Hub Limit Monitoring
Modify the message for Xkcd 303. I've forked the project and enriched it with GitLab CI/CD builds.